Friday, July 25, 2008

and on...

OK you have checked and nothing new is here. You know that life isn't static so you wonder why?

The bottom line is that I lack inspiration. We are heading into a darker zone than we left.

We were with Ben and Andrew this week at his farm outside Syracuse. (He came back for his sister's wedding with Andrew and we took the moment to go see them). The night was stormy and thick clouds covered the moon and stars. We went to bed and I couldn't see a thing--rather unlike Baltimore where the darkest night has plenty of street lights and security lights shining in the window. In the middle of the night the thunder rolled and the lightening lit the room as if the switch were thrown.

Well, there it is. A dark night. Yeah we get them too. Surgery is Monday, we don't have any idea what to expect.

I enjoyed the storm of lightning and thunder. It has always been for me the voice of the Almighty reminding me that He holds the heavens and earth, they shake at His command, they become still by his voice.

I should have been listening, but my head was buried I guess.

6 comments:

Rin said...

I'll be praying.

John and Sue Burch said...

Karl and Debbie - we read your blog whenever it is posted and are following your journey with much prayer. Know that the light is not at the end of the tunnel, but right there with you IN the tunnel. Trusting Him along with you - John and Sue Burch

Liz said...

Karl and Debbie, we'll be praying on Monday for your surgery, Debbie. Thanks so much for giving us that privilege by keeping us informed of what's happening. We love you, Liz

The Miller's said...

Mr & Mrs Dortzbach,
We are praying that God will give you strength in this storm, even when none of us can comprehend "why?". We had lightning and thunder last night,too. It was a very dark and scary night. But this morning the sun is shining. How is that possible? And how is it possible that Zachary slept like a baby through the storm? Maybe being a 4-year-old has some advantages, because he really believes me when I tell him the thunder is the angel's dancing. God's grace is sufficient for us.--Holly & Justin Miller.

Joel said...

Karl & Debbie,

I'll be praying, and will remind my parents about your Monday surgery, too. After darkness comes glory, as the old hymn says:

The three sad days have quickly sped;
He rises glorious from the dead:
All glory to our risen head!
Alleluia!


I'm praying for you.

- Joel Swanson

Bex_78 said...

I first read your most recent three or four entries in the middle of a night this last weekend. Only now, rereading them, have I begun to grasp how dark the skies have been for you in recent days. While I wish I was close enough to touch, I do sleep under dark skies most nights here in Port-au-Prince - am thankful that they can remind me to pray for you. Much love, Rebecca H.

seizure

seizure
the view of up top from down below